Sunday, February 04, 2007

So, it's been one week on [from the last entry].
And it has been a rather busy one....haven't had much sleep. sigh.

Last Saturday had a very very tough soccer training session. The warm-up was 1km more than normal, which meant it was 6km / 15rds. Then the drills were okay, although my passing went awfully astray at times, damn it la. Passing was what I prided myself on.
Then had a 30min match, on an extremely muddy pitch thanks to heavy rain the night before. Many people had already established positions, so when it came to me the coach just went 'Put him up front'. I won't forget that, and I won't remember it as a compliment either. Haha. Was so shitted, having to keep dropping back to help the midfield, and then also having to stretch my lungs to sprint upfield whenever a break was on. All in that f-ing muddy pitch. Didn't do much but pass, pass and pass, blocked a cross [painful!], and managed to get pass 1 defender and set up a powerful shot which hit the bar. Off-day la. Whatever, I was indeed feeling shitted that day. Training ended at almost 12.....and had to wash everything up, it was 1230 by then. Couldn't get to service in time, and neither did i bother to go for class outing, just spent the rest of the afternoon nursing the aches and wounds. When i went to bathe my underwear was like fully drenched. And no, it wasn't a wet dream. It was pure sweat. lol. Man it was a tiring day.

Anyway I've decided I'm dropping soccer. Perhaps it's cause it's too tiring. Perhaps it's cause I ain't good enough to be in the first XI, but I just thought I had more priorities. This opens up tues, thurs and sats, so I'll hopefully be able to sign up for other interesting ccas, and also of course more enrichment programmes and research electives. On monday they announced during chem lecture that we could start signing up for the Materials Science course, and then by the time the few of us went to the noticeboard, it was fully booked, WTH?!. haha, very fortunately i stumbled by the enrichment board again on Wed, and spotted the photonics form there. Couldn't believe my luck n signed up for it right away. Also signed my classmate and leroy up for it. Man, only on thur did they announce it during phy lecture, and sadly it's too late for most of the people interested. aha.

BACK to the chem lecture on monday. It was a crazy one. The previous [also-crazy] lecturer took an eternity to finish relatively simply parts like mol. concept and standard acid-base titrations, and as a result the relatively more difficult part of the topic, on redox titrations and half equations and stuff was just rushed through in less than an hour. Almost every typical student there was like stunned after that. And this is in RJC mind you.

Anyway, do hope I can get into debates, the last 'trial' session was on wed and i had to speak a bit on prop side for whether voluntary euthanasia should be allowed. lol.

Throughout the week I had been in a sort of 'mugger' mode, cos of the SRP aptitude test that was to take place on saturday. Mugged at the library on tues till 6, then went to watch the football match with leroy, where Hashair scored an eye-opener! Rest of the days I mugged on the internet. lol.

Well anyway the aptitude test was f-ing tough la. There was prob alot that I could have read up on with regards to chem, but the qns there were like sick la. And although MCQ has seemed like the easiest form of test to many of us [apart from T/F DUH], it was just all the more difficult when
a) many topics weren't in our scope
b) the questions on those that were IN were tough as well
c) the answer options were intelligently set to maximise difficulty
d) you lose a mark if you answer a qn wrongly
e) there were 5 options and not the usual 4. lol.

Oh I'm just ranting. So of 75qns, [25 each from PCM], i answered about 10 frm phy and chem and 20 from math. Oh well, I think my math has improved a whole lot through this week at the least.

After that headed right back to school for this HWA sports day thing. Think almost everyone in my class signed up for it but on Alicia, Yiting and I were selected. By random most likely. lol. It was quite a fun few hours there la, the wheelchair-handicapped people were like damn pro at basketball, and mind you it isn't easy to move the wheelchair on it's own, much less shoot when you're moving. haha. It was the second Saturday in a row spent outside of home not at Nexus. But I suppose that's the end of this wave.

Btw, so much so for having that record of watching consecutive Arsenal matches, I've missed 3 in a row, the 2 league cup matches against spurs and the Fa cup one against bolton. Finally managed to catch the league match, and it was yet another wasteful performance. Just hope we can get that consistency back in time for next season. I'd be quite content with the cups this season. hehe.

Time really passes so quickly. It's always the case, be it during exams when you're staring at a question you know you should be able to do yet for some reason you can't at that point of time, or when you're enjoying yourself on the phone with someone whom you haven't spoke to for a long, long time. Either way, this month has passed us all by. As much as I've enjoyed myself [and I have to a large extent], I miss many people, be it seeing them or talking to them face to face. I think of many people when I listen to those songs that are so effective in charging up that part of me. Man, it's that weird but normal feeling that everyone has occasionally that they just can't describe. There just hasn't been enough time. This must be the xxxx th time I've said that, lol. Soon, we'll get back our O lvl results and know where we are bound. All the best to all, and to our friendships!

No comments: