Friday, January 26, 2007

REGRETS.

[Now before you think this is about me regretting going to RJ for the first 3months, it isn't, fortunately/unfortunately].

The first 2 hours of the week started on a high, okay and this time I shan't elaborate on it, since everyone who knows about it knows what happened, and everyone who doesn't care about it doesn't need to waste time on it. Haha.

Now this post is not on a happy note.
During the week, I have done plenty of reflecting, during the [very short] bus rides to/from school, during QT [short too.....sigh], when I'm in the toilet, be it bathing, brushing teeth, and all else. In RJC, there are so many programmes on offer for us students. And so many programmes that I'm interested in joining. There's ISLE, which is some service learning programme which allows us to get exposed to the poorer countries in the region and undertake projects there. There are so many Research Electives. In particular the materials science and photonics ones appeal to me. And then, there's Science Research Programme [SRP]. I had so much time to think, yet only recently have I realised that research is the one area that I want to pursue, for the near future at least. Yes, I know it is boring to most, but hey, what's accounting and banking then?

And so, while I check up all more info. on these programmes, I start to regret. Regret that I didn't spent my time in secondary school fruitfully. That I spent so many afternoons playing computer games. That I never signed up for much CIP programmes, that I never signed up for any research attachment programmes. That I dropped Japanese when so many people out there desperately want to learn it. That I didn't take French. That I never took the time to think hard about my future, only until I wanted to get a scholarship for a university. Now it is so difficult to sign up for research electives as so many people are interested in them. And then, SRP, is tough indeed. Apparently they are only selecting 120 students for RMMs, after which only 80 odd will be able to do the proper SRP thing [from the whole Singapore btw]. And boy would experience in research help here. Oh well, next week 'll just have to try my luck at the aptitude test.

And then there's soccer. Trainings are like 3x3hrs a week. I don't know if I can handle it.
I guess I'll fruitfully spend the next few days prioritising and thinking about my future.
At least now, there's God to guide the way.
That, is another regret. Not knowing him sooner.
So please, heed this message and let Him guide your way too!

I want to thank everyone who has spent time to talk to me about my predicament, [if it even is one, really],
be it in school, on the phone or on MSN, which I have been spending too much of my time on. You've all helped me lots, my dear friends. Thank God for you guys.

I'm not sad, really. Just regretful. The week in RJC has been great. The tutorials, the lectures, hell, even sex ed. was fun. And STJ [seniors-treat-juniors] on Friday was very successful indeed, got to know alot of people from 07S06N, [my class is 08 btw], and the pizza was great. I'm definitely looking forward to more of em'!

And then, meeting the 2/4 peeps once again was great as well. Although we didn't get to talk much much [yes 2 words intended], it's still good that we are 'sticking in touch'. [sticking together + keeping in tough]. And I sure hope that Philip will come to RJC!

Haha, I don't know why but this entry is something like a Jose Mourinho interview - frank and honest, but always finding positives. Oh well, I'll end the entry by giving a big shout to all you man u fans out there [just can't resist it], that ARSENAL DID THE DOUBLE ON YOU GUYS THIS SEASON, and that they are still UNBEATEN AT THE EMIRATES STADIUM, all thanks to van Persie's and Henry's late goals which turned defeat into victory!! and mind you, doesn't Rooney's goal celebration [which looked as if he had won Mr Universe] look oh so stupid now? lol.

heh. and now for some much needed rest before training tomorrow.

No comments: