Saturday, January 06, 2007

As I miss yet another service, I felt that sense of guilt within me.
That I haven't been growing much in my faith towards Him. In the past few days, where I've been exhausted after orientation, I haven't spent much time with Him, as I usually do, as I would have liked to. However, I have this testimony to further swing the battle within me that God is indeed real.

Tuesday night, I prayed that I would have a good night's sleep. Why? It's because there was Arsenal v Charlton live at 4am, and one of my new year's resolution was to lose that 'must-watch-every-match' attitude that I have regarding Arsenal's matches. Mind you, the last live EPL match I've missed was on the 26th of Nov 2005, against Blackburn, because I was at New Zealand. hahaha. Watching every live match has been exciting, but it has also most certainly made me tired. I decided that if it was a big champions league clash, of course I would watch it, but if it was just an ordinary midweek night match, then I'll just miss it. That match was one of them. It's hard to believe, but the last time i tried to miss a 4am live match, I couldn't. That was away to Juve earlier this year, where I was 90% sure we would progress to the next rd. since we'd already won the first leg 2-0. I did not set any alarm, but still woke up at 330 AM. Couldn't fall back asleep for a long time, and had 'no choice' but to watch a dull goaless draw. Of course I was still delighted that we were through to the next round en route to the Paris final. So you see, I'm indeed a slave of football. I hence prayed that I could sleep soundly and miss a live match so I would have more energy for the first day at RJC. And surprise surprise! I was able to resist going to premierleague.com to check the result in the morning, was able to watch the replay at night without knowing the score. And the experience was as good as the watching it live. Arsenal won 4-0 and AT LONG, LONG LAST king Henry is back fit and fresh, he is at his very very best, and we totally blown them away. It would have been 10-0 if not for their 'keeper in fact. Okay enough of the digressing. We'll probably still lose to Liverpool tonight.

But when I said 'God is good. Thank you for giving me this one rare night of peaceful sleep.' after waking up on Wednesday morning. I just knew things would pan out all fine for me, the orientation and all else. And if you the reader didn't know it was me who said that, you probably would think that such a statement was by a very sick person or someone on his/her deathbed. For me, this is a moment of realization I'd never forget.

No comments: