Saturday, January 06, 2007

L' A U D E A M U S@RJC

It's been 3 days of orientation at RJC, and it's been so much fun, rather surprisingly I have to add! Met JJ, Leroy and Lin Hai on Wed morning, and man we felt like we were living in a world of strangers [nothing against Giordano], with all the RI and RGS students roaming around. Btw, the bus ride took no more than 10mins, waiting time is max. 10mins, so it's so convenient for me. Lucky me.

Lucky too, that I got such a good house! Found out that I was in Buckle Buckley house, which is very green-ish. Would have liked the purple and black of HH, but hey, it's lucky to be in the house of the defending champions!

Lucky too, I got such a fantastic OG! As well as name, lol. I was in S''pero [read Es-pero], which although sounded weird, was def. much better than some other grps, such as L'maorofl and L'alang [yucks!], lol. The RI guys, Chester, Mark and the rest were very friendly and spastic, and the girls weren't that bad either. Ours were definitely one of the most enthusiastic OGs.

That was in part, to the wonderful OGLs as well, with Kal and Vania.

So, first day we had territorial games, which we did quite okay I thought, either way we enjoyed ourselves very much, even though I did not bring my shorts. Went for dinner at the food court...reached home pretty early.

Second day, we had mass dance which was great, lol. Also learnt cheers, the batch song, and the college anthem which sounded majestic. Our OGLs were so good [or rich] as to be able to buy us pizza for lunch. We tried planning for O'nite although it was pretty unproductive. Afternoon was station games, and we totally owned. Some games were damn fun, esp. the one having to interlock hands and then use a shoe tied in betw. to kick the freakin' small ball. As the day moved on, we became more and more active, and that winning feeling was really great. We won 4 games and drew 2, hence the lovely word, unbeaten. Sadly, whether it was some injustice or what, BB only managed top 5. [5 houses in all, so it's kinda obvious...]. haha. Went to Yoshi for dinner and crapped for a long long time after that.

Third day had outdoor, or rather out-of-college activities. We were lucky again. Other Ogs had to go to Chinatown, Little India, Holland V, and we were one of the lucky ones who only had to go to yishun. The food stations were interesting, and of course disgusting, esp. the flour ones. We had all but given up hope of reaching back first when we decided to take a bubble-tea break, but heck, at least we contributed points. And BB won for Friday, at last! Was like so on time with the party.

Well, I certainly had fun during these days of orientation, and I'm sure the criticism of Rafflesians only apply to a minority.
One more thing to add.
On thursday, I saw a bit of soccer training, and they continued training in spite of the rain!
And there was this guy that slid across the grass. Now, doing that [sliding across the grass] has been something I've always wanted to do, after Henry did it against Inter Milan I think. yeah. Hopefully if trainings aren't too tough, I might join soccer. After all, gotta improve my strength and stamina so I can be a better midfielder kind of player.

Went back to AND for campfire night, where the rain doused the flames, sadly. But anyway was nice to me
et ex-classmates. Every time we part, we bid our farewells, but then we would seemingly meet pretty soon again. Well, just hope that we'll all treasure all the times we have together, as come March, things may become very different indeed.

[edited to make searching via google difficult to find this site]

No comments: