Friday, February 16, 2007

Now that JAE is over, I suppose my previous post is irrelevant, and thus it shan't be at the top anymore. Today, Friday the 16th, is the eve-of-the-eve-of CNY. And for RJ students that meant taking a break/ breaking a record/ i.e. TAKE 5 @ CCAB.

Thought having dad so send me there would be easier, and since his new office was at the bukit timah branch, might as well, but apparently not! The whole place was so congested, with either NUS students / lecturers on their way to work or other similar parents fetching their kids to CCAB / SCGS. I was like 20mins early, opp. side of the road, by the time i reached the right side of the road, I was just on time. Phew!

Okay, so RJC broke a record of most people eating oranges at the same place / time, whatever, typical southeast asian habit of breaking awkward records [that very likely hasn't really been set]. After the record-breaking event, Talentime was taking place, but our class decided to go and practise frisbee / soccer. It was my first time wearing the new pair of street soccer shoes, and I had to get used to it. Anyway, just for the record our class ain't very sporty at all, just like....4/7. haha. So we really signed up just to 'have fun', when boo hoo we realised other classes were dead serious about winning. So, first match, I played 3mins, then slacked off and got subbed, the other class had so many sporty people, and yet they couldn't score, so it was 0-0....and we had a penalty shootout! lol, after 4 penalties each it was 1-1, and then the other class missed one. So up stepped me with my first meaningful shot using the new shoes, and whoo, i smashed it into the top corner, and we won! lol we sort of exaggerated our celebrations, but hey, we knew we were so lucky. Of course, next rd., we got pumped 2-0 by a team which managed to beat J2 classes! but hey it was a fun experience. Oh, and the frisbee guys got thrashed too. So off we went to drown off our misery at the bouncy castle, which was so lame. We had a plan , but that plan blew up big time when we all collapsed on yong jin, and cos he wasn't standing in the middle, the whole castle collapsed, and sad to say there was a little girl down there that got crushed by us. Of course she didn't die. She didn't get hurt. Much at least, haha. yeah, but it was pretty scary.

So after that Leroy and I took 165 back to ANDss to cont. playing footy, but of course, not after the few of us ran to check out pool party. Which was $%$@. Pity, that other people ard. insisted on playing despite dressing so inappropriately. As a result, wasn't that much fun with so many bodies around. Oh and I had a bad slip and now there's a bad patch on my knee.

Rushed to NEXUS for service after that, and met Anna and Ying Ling after coming out at Somerset MRT. Such a coincidence. Felt a lil' sleepy during service, but managed to stay awake for the most part of it. Then, waited with ZiJie for awhile at the MRT, and boo hoo met Anna and Ying Ling again! This time they were going into Somerset MRT. Boy, so qiao la!

Took 162 home, and I was lucky in that the 162 was the NOKIA 5300-themed bus. It's white leather seats were so comfortable, to go with the great choice of music they choose to play. Oh, and I have to say this, I saw such a sweet couple there. They were talking about professional stuff, their likes / dislikes...and they were talking in such a mature manner, they were probably 20+ I suppose, but they seem to be very bright people. And when the woman left, the guy's eyes kept tailing her, smiling along, so sincerely. I always joke about my dream date being one watching football, but hey, that wasn't that bad too. haha. Then, there was also this CJ girl who lives in the same condo as me, another coincidence to be in the same bus! She was talking to a couple of guys la, but they alighted before my stop / her stop. It then started to rain. Really heavily. I don't know why, this kind side of me suddenly prompted me, and guess what, I lent her my umbrella, and walked in the rain for the 300m or so back into my condo. to shelter. Haha. I really don't know, I mean it wasn't like she was a good-looking girl, cause if she was then I much rather would have just let her get drenched and get to see her all WET [mind you she was in school uniform]. yeah, but I'm really thankful to James for talking to me a week ago about letting others know that I'm living a blessed life with my actions, being more helpful when I can, and showing more concern, support, and understanding to others.

It was a pity I couldn't go back to Pei Chun again. I'm really sorry Cheryl, Denise and Kennedy cause I sort of said I would go back.....and......in the end I didn't. But at least I've managed to add many contacts thanks to the mass convr, lol. And hopefully I'll have time to talk to each of them and get to know them better.

To end off, Arsenal finally ended their jinx against Bolton in a crazy match in which they spectacularly missed 2 penalties but yet keep knocking on the door and eventually got the decisive goals. As a result, they will finally get to play an early kick-off on Saturday! so i no longer have to stay up till 12 MN as has been the case recently for Home matches against united and only last week against wigan. ah, thank God that the week worked out despite me sleeping extremely late for so many days!

No comments: